Saturday 4 June 2011

[TRANS] CECI INTERVIEW WITH 3 2PM'S MEMBER , WOOYOUNG , JUNHO AND CHANSUNG



WOOYOUNG

While living as 2PM for the past 1000 days, I [learnt how insufficient I was]

CeCi In the previous interview with CeCi you said you often watch your JYP audition tape. Do you still?
WY Of course! Especially when I feel worn out. I failed in an audition four times and succeeded on my fifth but I didn't even think about signing the most basic contract that all trainees sigh. I ended up signing it because the company said I had to, but my thoughts at that time was that if only I could stay here, I can pour my everything for this. Then vanity came creeping in when I got in. Even now I ask myself 'Jang Wooyoung, are you desperately doing as much as you used to like back in the days?' and watch the video again to keep my passion going.

CeCi Anyways, in what ways did you think yourself was insufficient in the past 1000 days?
WY When 2PM was freshly formed, I thought I could do just as much as Jung Jihoon (Rain) whom I adored so much, if they'd just let me be on that stage. I was so confident about myself. But when I struck different situations, stages and people, that's when my fantasy broke and thought 'wow, I'm actually not that great'. But of course it was a time where I learnt the know-hows and perseverance.

CeCi I saw the brain map drawn by each member in a Japanese magazine. You were the only member with the word 'love'.
WY Because it's especially important to me. I feel thirsty of love because I have to give it up as an idol. I need romance even for my dream. Singing isn't a mechanical thing like memorising English words, so I believe romance would help me deepen my musicality.
CeCi You've experienced a little bit of romance through 'Dream High' as Milk (Woo-U) Couple. Are your love cells still beating alive?
WY I met a friend at a dancing academy in high school. I've had her secretly in my heart for about a year and a half. It was quite a sincere first love and she was actually quite ugly like 'Pilsook'. She wasn't fat but the ugliness was quite similar so I thought of her while I was acting. It is true that after the filming, I have become more thirsty to love.

CeCi Is there anything you have learnt through 'Dream High'?
WY I always had regrets after shooting a scene and I was so eager that I kept asking the surrounding staff if it was OK. My stylist would say 'when will our Wooyoung's satisfaction day come' with much sympathy. But a very experienced camera director hinted me that it was right to be acting that way and to not forget this feeling. I promised myself. Whenever I do something I will never forget that I am always insufficient and to not be afraid of it. I have to quickly accept that and to move forward by learning to overcome it.
***





JUNHO

While living as 2PM for the past 1000 days, I [learnt the word 'togetherness']
CeCi I remember you especially well because on our last interview you said your feeling of inferiority is what built you up.
JH That's true. I had a double-sided thought in my mind. I was unsatisfied with myself and fought against the feeling of inferiority, but at the same time I just thought there wasn't an appropriate chance for me to show my true talent. Then one day I saw how Lee Junho would look in the audience's point of view. Who would ever long for a person with no self-confidence and liveliness at all? That question told me that I should not be living this way. I became much better after hard efforts to overcome this. Now it became possible to shout 'I want to live this way so who cares?'

CeCi What's the biggest change since living a life as 2PM?
JH That there aren't many things I can do by myself. I used to think 'I suppose people will recognise if I do well myself'. But you doing well is something you should already be doing. I learned to appreciate the staff and members who work hard in their area to make the best of everything. I learned that a company will not necessarily work well just because you have a great leader.

CeCi Seeing your twitter, you seem to be very interested in problems with stray dogs and react strongly to social injustice.
JH It's become a fact that cunning people with tricks are the winners over the justice people. I don't like that. I want to be tested fairly by skills. I've had many situations where I was unfortunate because I really hated bragging. I was the 1st place for popularity in a programme called 'Super Star Survival' in 2006, which JYP was running. The reason was because I was a Rain look-alike. I really disliked this because it had nothing to do with my skills. I believe the person who will win in the long-run is someone who has the skills all leveled up inside rather than someone in a high position at the moment. I prepare for the long-run.

CeCi How would Lee Junho define a 'real man'?
JH A person who knows how to regret his wrong-doings. And someone who can share. If all I liked was singing I could just go to a singing room and sing. But a singer is a person who throws a message to the audience through their song. In the end, it's a person who has a conversation. Up until now all I did was to 'try hard'. I should have been recognising what my audience had wanted but all I saw was me. 'To be moved (emotionally)' and 'try hard' is a totally different thing. I want to be a man who can see the other person, respect them, share with them and be able to move their heart.


***


CHANSUNG
While living as 2PM for the past 1000 days, I [learnt to recognise the differences]
CeCi Let's think back to a dream you had 1000 days ago. Have you achieved a fair bit of it already?
CS I'm actually quite an individual person. My aim was to find 'my thing, my only shape' rather than 'I will achieve so and so award'. I still haven't heard "this is something only you can achieve" "that's so you" type of things yet.

CeCi
 What would be the most memorable day since your debut? (@JHpangpang)
CS There was a time in 2010 when all of us were all worn down and going through a rough time. My father rarely sends txt messages but I received it one day. He wrote 'I always trust you and support you. I love you son' and I noticed a typo. I cried at the thought of my father who would've had much difficulty sending this txt. (Chansung's eyes became red after telling this story.)

CeCi I saw the brain map you guys drew in a Japanese magazine. 'a contemplation on true feelings'. What is this?
CS There are times people show kindness because they really like the other person or do it just because they have to. I think it's important to separate these two. It would help me in acting when I have the eye for differentiating obligatory actions or an act of truthfulness.

CeCi It seems you have interests in human psychology.
CS Yup. There's a psychology counsellor at our company since all trainees and artists go under lots of stress. These days I read and share books with the counsellor and even go into studying about mental health.

CeCi So how is your mental health at the moment?
CS As I was saying, I had a fun test with the counsellor and I got A+, a very happy state. I used to get annoyed at people who had different viewpoints and opinions. But I guess by living as 2PM where so many different individuals came to form a team and work together, it became natural to think 'ah, that person would have acted this way because they think this way. I used to do that too in the past.' After acknowledging differences, happiness came

No comments:

Post a Comment